Frequently asked questions - wood fuels
Click on the questions below to get the answers.
- Why is wood fuel better than coal for meeting air emission consent conditions
- Can we not use forest harvest residues as fuel?
- 5 common mistakes in wood procurement.... and how to fix them!
- Why is bioenergy considered to be carbon neutral? - Bioenergy produced in New Zealand, Australia, SE Asia and the Pacific where plantation forests are used as the source of biofuel is considered carbon neutral because there are no net CO2 emmisions.
- The carbon neutrality of biomas from forests - this fact sheet explains the role of biomass from forests in the global carbon cycle.